Hospital 2 Home Program
The Hospital 2 Home program through the Area Agency on Aging District 7 is a voucher program for those eligible who are being discharged from participating hospitals to their home. Vouchers will primarily be distributed by the hospital and allow for the purchase of short-term services such as personal care and home-delivered meals to assist individuals returning to their homes after a brief hospital stay. The program will also offer short-term telephonic assistance to help with redeeming the vouchers if necessary and assist in the exploration of ongoing long-term services and supports.
Basic Services and Benefits
- Personal Care Vouchers
- Home-Delivered Meals Vouchers
- Short-Term Telephonic Care Management
- Age 60 or older and a recent hospital stay.
- Must Reside in the AAA7’s 10-County Service Area.
- Do not currently have a Medicaid card or currently enrolled in a Medicaid waiver program such as PASSPORT.
- To receive personal care services, must need assistance with at least two ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) such as bathing, dressing, toilet use, transferring, eating, walking.
- To receive the home-delivered meal service, must be dependent with the IADL (Instrumental Activity of Daily Living) of meal preparation and not have someone available to prepare the meal.
- Must meet at least two of the following factors: live alone or have limited informal support system; age 75 or greater; taking six or more medications; have more than one chronic condition as diagnosis.
- Must be living in a home-based setting, not a facility.
To learn more about the Hospital 2 Home program or if you have questions, please call 1-800-582-7277 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.