What is Service Coordination?
Service Coordination places a qualified individual in your community to help elderly and disabled residents access services and programs they may need. A Service Coordinator is on site to offer assistance and information, make referrals, promote healthy lifestyles and wellness, encourage common interests and activities, and improve quality of life.
For an in-depth discussion on how the Service Coordination program can work for you and your residents call Merritt Sessor at 1-800-582-7277.
Service Coordination Helps Residents:
Service Coordination Helps Apartment Managers:
- Maintain daily schedules without interruption from resident health issues or personal crisis.
- Ensure population social service needs are met.
- Avert a potential vacancy issue.
- Enhance “quality of life” in your community.
- Market your community to potential residents.
- Develop a sense of community involvement and participation for residents.
- Create opportunities to provide beneficial relationships with the community at large.
The Area Agency on Aging District 7, Inc. provides:
- Professional, trained staff
- OSHIIP (Ohio Senior Health Insurance Information Program) certification
- In-services and trainings for apartment managers, provided free of charge or at reduced rates
- Mediation of tenant concerns
- Monthly newsletters
- Information centers
- Assistance researching funding options for service coordination
If you would like to ask a specific question or schedule an appointment about this program, you can contact us toll-free at 1-800-582-7277.