Falls Prevention - "A Matter of Balance"
Do You Have Concerns About Falling?
A Matter of Balance is an award winning falls prevention program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase the activity levels of older adults who have concerns about falls.
The program uses trained volunteer coaches to teach eight two-hour sessions.
The classes help participants to:
- View falls and fear of falling as controllable
- Set realistic goals for increasing activity
- Change their environment to reduce fall risk factors
- Promote exercise to increase strength and balance
You can benefit from the classes if:
- You are concerned about falls
- Have sustained a fall in the past
- You restrict activities because of concerns about falling
- You are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength
- You are age 60 or older, ambulatory and able to problem solve
Past Participants Report the Following Outcomes:
- 97% are more comfortable talking about the fear of falling
- 97% feel comfortable increasing activity
- 99% plan to continue exercising
- 98% would recommend "A Matter of Balance"
If you are interested in attending a class or interested in teaching classes, call us at 1-800-582-7277 for more information.